Tuesday, June 5, 2012

UPDATED Recipe: White Cheddar Pimento Cheese

White Cheddar Pimento Cheese
I've been on a big Pimento Cheese kick the past couple months. I've tried a few different recipes and have come up with my favorite from Food.com <---link to original recipe. I replaced the monterey jack with white cheddar, threw in all 8 oz of cream cheese instead of the 6oz this calls for & skipped the red wine vinegar. It's an easy make and there's only a few ingredients you have to run to the store to buy.

Blend the following ingredients until creamy and well mixed. Serve with crackers, wheat thins or as a sandwich:
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar
  • 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise  I've started using the kraft mayo with cracked pepper and then you can skip adding black pepper, I love this taste!
  • 4oz chopped pimentos (use the juices)
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • hot sauce to taste (I use about 8 dashes/shakes)
  • ground black pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment