After a fabulous weekend of wedding celebrations, we kicked off week 22 with brunch on Sunday morning at The Garden Brunch Cafe in Germantown. It has immediately become my favorite place for brunch!! Nashville area friends and family I highly recommend venturing out Fri-Sun to try this hidden gem. The service was outstanding, food was delicious and we were pleasantly surprised to listen to a live jazz trio while we sipped on our iced coffees and stuffed our faces with the original pancakes (Dennis) and the Mixed Berry French Toast (Me and Baby E). I can't wait to go back and try the Banana Fosters Pancakes next time. And since we were in the neighborhood, we stopped by The Cupcake Collection so I could get my favorite cupcake, the Sweet Lemonade. I knew I would get one this coming weekend but ever since Brittany (one of Dennis's cousins who is part of the hostess team for this weekend's baby shower) mentioned the cupcakes in an email I've had it stuck in my pregnant brain and I just had to have one! Wednesday we had my monthly doctor visit which went well. I'm measuring right on track at 23cm and we got to hear Baby E's heart beating loud and clear. He's always on my right side which is where I found Sasha protectively laying yesterday morning. I like to believe she can hear his heart beat, feel the extra warmth and wants to protect him. Or maybe it's a coincidence that she winds up on the right side all the time. Even though I'm not feeling Baby E move a lot yet, his mommy definitely knows where he is!
Baby E Updates:
How far along? 22 weeks
Baby E’s Size: Spaghetti Squash (approximately 11" long and weighing 1 whole pound!)
Gender: Boy
Maternity clothes? Mostly no but I did wear a maternity dress Friday night that was so comfortable that it'll definitely get a lot of use this summer. A coworker told me a trick to making my regular pants last a little longer - zip the zipper, lock it by pushing the tab down and then tuck in the corners so they don't poke out. Most of my shirts are long so this has been working great!
Weight gain: Doctor says a total of 13lbs since the beginning. She also said the next few weeks I'll see quicker changes because Baby E is starting to really grow now.
Stretch marks? No new ones that I can see
Sleep: I'm feeling pretty well rested this week with only 1 potty break in the middle of the night for most nights.
Best moment this week: Hearing Baby E's heart beat and having an overall good report from the doctor. Glad Dennis was home to join me for the check up.
Miss Anything? Fun summer shoes with high heels - I'm committed to flat comfy shoes here on out!
Food cravings: Ketchup, Pimento Cheese (I've eaten a pretty gross amount of this stuff from different places and even made a couple versions to test out...stay tuned for a recipe once we figure out the "best" one!) & pickles or any other sour/tart/acidic foods
Anything making you queasy or sick: I'm definitely sticking to Soy milk! Unfortunately I cannot put my finger on specific trigger foods. Just going with the flow and hoping for the best every day. I do avoid chili after a yucky experience a few weeks ago.
Symptoms: Not sure if it counts but I sure do rub on my tummy all the time!
Belly Button? It's in but belly is out
Wedding ring on or off? ON!
Looking forward to: Three exciting things...
1) Date night on Friday (hoping for dinner at Chuy's and seeing Hunger Games)
2) Baby E's first shower Saturday afternoon! Dennis's Aunt and cousins are generously throwing a joint couple's baby shower for Baby E and his future cousin Ethan (Amanda is due in June). Excited to see everyone and share the afternoon with Derrick and Amanda.
and 3) Our fence is almost finished! Sasha can now rule her back yard leash free. Now our walks will be for fun and exercise and not rushed to have her simply "take care of business." It will be complete tomorrow. Thank you hubby for getting this task knocked out for us!
Have a great weekend!
Love,
Dennis, Denisse and Baby E
No comments:
Post a Comment