Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Week 24

We are a little delayed on this week's update. Once I got home from Key West we enjoyed a couple more days of time together before Dennis headed back out. I had a great trip with my work family last week. We had loads of great fresh seafood and Key Lime Pie, we went on a catamaran boat cruise where some people snorkled and ended our trip with a service project at The Samuel's House a local non-profit housing that shelters women in need of a temporary home while transitioning from being homeless to getting back on their feet. Key West is a friendly, beautiful laid back town and we all had a blast!
Some of the girls who work in cubicle land at dinner


All of us after finishing up the mulching service project
Key Lime pie slice on a stick frozen & dipped in chocolate
It was so good I had to show you the inside!
Dennis and Sasha picked me up late Friday night from the airport. When we got home Dennis talked me into walking upstairs to Baby E's nursery to show me "something my dad dropped off for him." Much to my surprise I walked in to see this:
48" high wainscoting


another view with a peek at Baby E's dresser
I had been dreaming, hoping and wishing to have wainscoting/beadboard installed into Baby E's room to soften it up. At first I wasn't sure it would happen but after my dad and Dennis scoped it out and made a trip to Lowe's a couple weeks ago they decided to work on it over Memorial Day weekend. I left it at that. I was 100% surprised and VERY happy with the results! They worked hard all day that Friday to have the big surprise ready for me. We still have to fill the nail holes and paint it to match our trim but they did all the hard labor and I am beyond thankful!!
Weekly Update
How far along? 24 weeks down and 16 to go!
Baby E’s Size: Ear of corn (12.5 in. and 1.25 lb)
Gender: all boy
Maternity clothes? Yes in pants, regular sundresses
Weight gain: Yup! Dr was right the lbs. would start adding up quicker in the coming weeks especially since the sickness has ceased. At home I'm showing 17 lbs. total
Stretch marks? N/A
Sleep: Taking a little while to catch back up from Key West
Best moment this week: I started feeling Baby E kicking, punching and just all over squirming around in there - although it is sort of strange to feel that there's a real living moving being inside - I love it! Definitely makes being pregnant that much more REAL! 
Miss Anything? I was spoiled with Dennis home for so long, always hard to adjust when he first leaves again. 
Food cravings: I got my fair share of Key Lime treats last week, 3 different versions of pie, the frozen treat as seen above and even ice cream! Now I'm back to bananas, pimento cheese, pickles..the usual around here.
Anything making you queasy or sick: 2 weeks of no sickness and counting - yay!!!
Symptoms: I've woken up a couple nights with leg cramps and also had to take a few days off my feet after walking all over Key West, my body needed a break. I think I'm back to "normal" though and plan to walk this weekend.
Belly Button? Making its way out I think.. this week I've definitely noticed a change and if I were to bet it'll be an outtie before too long
Wedding ring on or off? it's on 
Looking forward to: Slumber party with girlfriends this weekend. Sure to be lots of chit chat and eating too much - we always over do the treats and it's always worth it! I'm trying to soak in every chance I can with girlfriends over the next few months! 
XOXO,
D, D and Baby E

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little baby bump!! And oh what a joy to feel those little kicks... Wait till you feel baby boy hiccup for the first time :-) Hugs sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete