Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Week 18

It's hard to believe we're already 4 months in! This past weekend we ordered Baby E's furniture and started the to-do list for getting his room transformed into his very own nursery. We may be a little early but since Daddy will play a major part of this we're taking advantage of him being home next month. Tuesday I went to our monthly doctor's visit to check in on Baby E. This appointment was the full anatomy scan to make sure Baby E's heart and other organs, bones and blood flow are all on track. Doctor says everything looks great: baby is healthy, mommy is healthy and the ultrasound tech confirmed he's definitely a boy within the first few seconds of the scan. I text Dennis "he's still a boy!" I got to see a couple 3D views of his face which still looks like a very cute lil' alien since there's not much fat built up yet. It's really neat to see him up close and you can see the eyes, nose, ears and mouth pretty clear. He was sleeping with one arm under his head (the same way his momma sleeps!!). His heart beat was loud and clear - always the best part. I got a nice surprise at the end when the ultrasound tech gave me a DVD copy of the ultrasound. I wasn't expecting one from the doctor's office. I emailed Dennis pictures of the pictures she printed for me and can't wait to show him those in person and watch the DVD with him when I get to LA. I love that he will get filled in on everything that we went over.


I'm borrowing this idea from a couple pregnancy blogs I read to track changes in the coming weeks. I've enjoyed reading these and learning what's to come from their blogs.
How far along? 18 weeks
Baby E’s Size: Sweet potato
Gender: Confirmed BOY!
Maternity clothes? I bought a couple maternity camisoles but I think I have a few more weeks before they'll work. I can tell my jeans are starting to get snug. If the weather stays warm I'm planning on living in sun dresses to beat the heat the next few months.
Weight gain: Dr says 7lbs since my 1st appointment in late December but I tracked 9lbs.
Stretch marks? None yet!! I love this all natural belly oil by Earth Mama Angel Baby. It may not really do anything but it sure does smell great.
Sleep: Been great this week!!
Best moment this week: Anatomy scan: seeing him wiggle around, hearing his heart beat and getting told he's healthy.
Miss Anything? My husband... and sushi.
Food cravings: Anything sour or tart. Lemonade, sour gummy worms, limes, pineapple, oranges-especially Cara Cara oranges! A girlfriend at work introduced me and I think we're both hooked. They're a little sweeter than regular oranges.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Smelling Sasha's food / treats with fishy smells. Oh and the commercials on TLC about people's strange addictions of what they eat/drink. The one they kept previewing last week was pretty yucky!
Symptoms: Had a "reminder" Monday morning and I get heartburn from all the limes I put in my water - other than that I'm feeling really good!
Belly Button? It's in and from what I've read it'll be closer to the end before it pops out.
Wedding ring on or off? On
Looking forward to: Our Baby Moon this coming week! Hoping hubby notices a change in my bump...hint, hint honey ;)


Have a great end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment