Thursday, February 16, 2012

Just peachy!


In honor of the new fruit of the week comparison, I tried this new recipe via Taste of Home for Peaches 'n' Cream. It turned out even better than it looks so I'm sharing with you all. It is SUPER easy and although not exactly "healthy" — it does have fruit in it :) Here's the recipe with a couple changes I made.


Peaches 'n' Cream
Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 peaches, peeled and sliced (Hint: I didn't end up with normal shaped "slices". Dennis usually slices and chops things for me :) Since he wasn't home, I opted to just chop away and in the end was happier with the smaller, thinner pieces verses the couple thick slices. They baked better and had a better texture.)
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (I added a little extra than the recipe) 
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°
  2. In a small saucepan bring sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
  3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
  4. Place peaches in 2 small baking dishes (try to get them in a single layer).
  5. Add syrup and stir gently to coat.
  6. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes until peaches are tender. (I went for 33 and they turned out perfect!)
  7. Add cream and serve warm. (I ate the leftovers from the fridge the next day and it was good chilled too!)
  8. The recipe says 2 servings; however, I along with both of my parents ate plenty plus had extra so I think it's more like 4 servings.
ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Oh this sounds good! I finally had an excuse to make your Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip last week for my book club. Oh my goodness!! It was delicious...there was some leftover, so Brian and the kids got to taste it too...I put it between graham crackers and they thought it was the best thing! I'm seriously considering making it for dessert tonight :)
    Love ya'
    Beth

    ReplyDelete