Over the past week or so I've really gotten my taste buds back in order. I have a bigger sweet tooth than normal (including chocolate-yay!) and I will gladly put sour cream on anything I can. I also love anything citrus: drinking orange juice, extra lemons in my water and an all of a sudden high interest in Key Lime pie! I think that partly has come on from researching Key West for my work's upcoming team building trip later this spring. I can't wait to try a frozen Key Lime pie slice, frozen and then dipped in chocolate! For now I have found a couple restaurants that serve it to hold me over until April :)
I ordered this Bobby maternity pillow and it came in Tuesday. I start out with it at the beginning of the night but by morning it's in the floor. I think further along it will become more useful. Sasha likes it so we'll definitely keep it!
Baby E is about 3 1/2 inches long and weighs about 1 1/2 oz this week. I've added a bible verse this week as it's message is something I think about daily.
2 Thessalonians 3:16 (NIV)
May the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way.
When I told Dennis we were pregnant the week of Christmas he very sweetly ran out last minute to get me a special gift to open on Christmas. In a baby bag came the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting", my favorite Pandora charm a dangling pacifier, and a journal with bible verses listed at the bottom of each page. He knew I wanted to journal during our pregnancy and this was the perfect journal to do so. I find I can relate almost every verse to this special time - and this one in particular has really hit home. Writing there keeps me focused on what a blessing this really is for us. Especially the days that I get morning/afternoon/night sickness, I like to take the positive spin on it and remember this verse. God knows that I worry too much and I truly believe He gives me reminders that Baby E is growing and everything is working out as planned to help reduce my worries. Since we don't get to have our own portable ultrasound machine (like we do in my crazy dreams) I think the symptoms lingering on are His way of giving me peace and reassurance that all is well with Baby E and my changing body. In a weird way I'm glad that some of the first trimester symptoms are continuing so that I know everything is moving forward as it is supposed to.
TGIF - Have a great weekend!
Love,
Dennis, Denisse and Baby E
No comments:
Post a Comment