I am just now getting around to posting this even though I started drafting weeks ago. I didn't bother updating what was already typed out... think you can understand why :) here's a new picture of what we like to call the "thinkin' Lincoln" pose. Thanks to all our family and friends for the well wishes, visits and tasty treats. Life has changed and we're enjoying the transition!!
My version of Nesting
The apps say nesting is sometimes a sign of labor. I can only imagine what my behavior will be if this happens to me seeing as I started many nesting projects around the house back in May. Here's a few photos of what Dennis and I have accomplished during my pregnancy in hopes to have the house prepped for Mr Lincoln's August arrival.
Around the house:
We have a tall entry way walking in the front door. When we moved in we went straight into Christmas which made the foyer decorating easy. I struggled with what to do with the foyer for the rest of the year and ended up selecting black and white photos and our family established wooden sign accented with DIY laced Mason jars (gotta love pinterest!). Dennis wants to hang the photos on the wall up there once we have some of Lincoln to add to the display. Here's the foyer landing in the meantime:
We knew we wanted built in shelves for our living room ever since we chose the floor plan to build. Here's the before and after pics:
![]() |
| before |
![]() |
| left side corner shelves |
![]() |
| right side shelves and cabinets |
![]() |
| they'll all be painted white when complete |
We couldn't be happier with Robert (my friend Courtney's hubby) and his work on the living room-thank you Jr! Also downstairs we added a hutch in the breakfast nook. When we bought the house we weren't sure how close our future neighbors' house would be to us on that side, so we opted to not add a window and ended up with a big blank wall. The hutch fills the space and adds much needed storage for my party platter and serving dish obsession collection.
Next up is my office/Dennis' music room. Pics are post my dad and I painting and being set up to work from home. When I say "let's go to work" Sasha runs upstairs and burrows in her bed.
| my favorite coworker busy as always |
Preparations for baby:
Since our room is the only bedroom downstairs, we wanted to make sure Lincoln had a place nearby to sleep during the first few months.
| Lincoln's bassinet in our room |
| Sasha taking over my maternity pillow |
| Practicing the stroller w/a moose Dennis brought Lincoln back from Norway |
| Proud daddy-to-be got a lot of gear ready as soon as he came home from Europe |
Lincoln's nursery:
![]() |
| View from the bedroom door |
Left Shelf: "We're Preggo" jar of spaghetti sauce is how I shared the news with Dennis...along with a card that I created over what felt like the longest 72 hours EVER trying to keep my mouth shut. A pillow that came on a basket given to my mother when she was pregnant with me that is embroidered with "Welcome Baby" and a photo of us given to us after my work's baby shower.
In the middle of the shelves we have a framed print with a sweet lamb and lion with Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid; do not be discouraged for the Lord our God will be with you wherever you go" from Design By Maya on etsy.com and we plan to get one with his birth info (date, time, weight, length, etc) once he's arrived.
Right Shelf: Baseball Dennis' dad used to play catch with him from when he was little. He had it in his truck ever since and gave it to Dennis the night we revealed our baby on board was a boy. And the sock monkey was given to us at our work baby shower.
Crib, dresser and changing table/dresser all came from Babies R Us and the bedding from Pottery Barn Kids.
Another shelf has a frame sent from my BFF Rachel with Samuel 1:27 engraved in it, a willow tree figurine and a couple books we plan to read to Lincoln.
In the far corner we have a rocking chair that is the very same rocking chair Dennis' mom used with him as a baby given to her by her parents. We have a glider from my parents downstairs in our bedroom to use at night and for feedings.
| Grandpa Ken gave us the Lincoln logs. Jenn gave us a personalized elephant blanket |
| Katie gave us this sweet blanky |
Hat rack: Waddie (my friend Laurie) made this sweet rack which we just had to hang Lincoln's little hats on. We love this!
Closet: We have the DIY closet dividers I crafted a few months ago to keep all of his new clothes in order.Best-
The Edwards Family











We are so excited about this new little cousin!! Love keeping up with you via the blog :) We just moved to Ft. Jones (so crazy, I've always been an Etna girl!) and things are chaotic, but I'll be finishing up his gift next week and getting it off to you. I just wanted to say, that when I read Grandpa Ken, it just totally threw me for a loop!! I know this is grandchild #4 for him, but I think that's the first time I've read "Grandpa Ken" and I had to do a double take since he's my Uncle Ken and my Grandpa Ken is on my dad's side of the family :) Love to all three from the five of us!
ReplyDelete