Thursday, June 6, 2013

Recipe: Greek Yogurt Pancakes via Schue Love

I have been reading along with Natasha's blog Schue Love for a few months now. I enjoy her fun posts about her family, recipes, decor etc. When she posted her own recipe for a healthy pancake I wanted to give them a try. Dennis had work this morning so it was just me and Lincoln and I wasn't sure if he would like them or not I decided to cut the recipe into 1/4. Lincoln loved his bites and we both ate them without any toppings - yup! they were THAT tasty :)

Another bonus is I won't have to go to the grocery store to make these because it uses simple, staple ingredients-yay!

Here's Natasha' original recipe and my smaller version below. This amount made one big pancake along with 3 smaller sized ones - plenty for us 2!

Greek Yogurt Protein Pancakes for 2:

  • 1/2 cup greek yogurt (I used plain)
  • 1/2 cup egg whites
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal oats
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  1. Blend all ingredients. With Lincoln on the go now, I used our Rocket Blender for a quick alternative to pulling out our food processor.
  2. Let batter sit for 5 minutes to set. Grease griddle or skillet and cook until finished, about 2 minutes depending how big, thick you pour.
That's it - easy peasy, healthy and tasty! Thank you for a GREAT go-to breakfast recipe!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you and baby enjoyed them!! They're a favorite in our house too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try these...they sound good. I'm not a big greek yogurt fan, but maybe in pancakes I'll like it better :) I love the food pictures of him!! Reminds me of my boys when they were that size.

    ReplyDelete