Saturday, October 20, 2012

2 Months Old

We had Lincoln's 2 month check-up this past Thursday. He weighed in at 12 pounds 1 ounce (+ almost 3 lbs) and is 24" long (+ 1"). Over the past month we've moved up to size 1 diapers, he still eats an average of every 2 hours with a few 3 & 4 hour stretches... the best update for us since last month is HE STARTED SMILING!!


That smile makes his mommy and daddy melt and makes the long nights TOTALLY worth it!! His newborn clothes are just about to be too snug. We have a couple piles to pass down to Harrison and Easton. Lincoln helped celebrate these 2 future BFF's of his at their momma's baby showers. We celebrated Jenn's lil pumpkin on the way due in just a few weeks. Hard to believe how quickly the year has gone by. I can't wait to meet Harrison and know he and Lincoln will be instant buds! Just like Harrison's cousin Colin. We all joke about starting a sports team with all the baby boys being born this year. Here's a few pics from Jenn's shower:
Welcome Harrison!
Jenn's Lil Pumpkin 
*Lincoln born 8/17/12*Harrison due 11/2/12*Colin born 7/3/12*

Momma to be and the hostesses
Easton's shower marked Lincoln's first road trip! We drove to Chattanooga and stayed with Rachel and Eric..it was a successful first night away from home!! It's always so great to visit with all our Chatt friends and I especially loved celebrating the upcoming arrival of Rachel's baby boy. I remember calling her when I first found out I was pregnant. After having other big conversations over the phone, I knew I wanted to wait a few days and tell Dennis in person.. so I called Rach instead. Fast forward a few months later and Rachel called to share her big news. I am SO HAPPY for my friend and look forward to raising our boys together. Our family of 3 enjoyed our short trip (we sadly don't have any photos to post yet, will have to update later). Our next trip to Chattanooga will be to meet baby Easton :)

Dennis spent a couple weeks away overseas and we were all THRILLED to welcome him home! Here's Lincoln (right before a meltdown) waiting to greet his daddy at the airport:
Lil man missed his daddy!
While Dennis was on the road, I had plenty of grandparent help and a lot of lunch dates and visits with girlfriends to help pass the time. Thank you ladies for taking time to hang out with us!
2 Month photos:

Lincoln,
I  can't believe how fast time is passing and how quickly you grow!! We love seeing your daily changes and especially enjoy starting and ending every day with your perfect smile. You have quite the silly personality, make the cutest sounds and babbles, let us know when you're hungry, sleep best being cuddled and make us proud every single day. You amaze us and we feel very lucky to be your parents. We hope above all else that you grow up knowing just how much we love you - although I don't think you'll ever truly know just how much ;)
Happy 2 months to you - our precious lil man! 
Love,
Daddy & Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment